- August 17, 2020
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: admin
More than 80 percent of the global population lives in urban areas with monitored air pollution levels exceeding the threshold recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Air pollution caused by industry, vehicle fumes, cigarette smoke and other sources together with solar radiation, especially the ultra violet (UV) ranges, is known to have a detrimental effect on skin health. Environmental pollutants can drastically alter the composition of the skin, influencing surface barrier function, increasing Trans Epidermal Water Loss, and compromising skin hydration.
Topical exposure to pollution may activate cutaneous stress, since pollutants can react with skin tissue, penetrate or alter the functioning of the skin barrier and cause oxidative stress and inflammation.
Pollutants are highly diverse, ranging from airborne components such as ozone, carbon monoxide and oxides of nitrogen and sulphur, to industrial residues such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, nanoparticles and heavy metals, that damage the skin by different mechanisms, resulting in skin dryness, loss of firmness, dark spots, uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, aggravation of acne and inflammation.
md:complex Anti-Pollution SkinProtect Shield combines different multi-functional actives. These actives counter the impact of pollution by a variety of mechanisms, in a global strategy to repair and protect the skin from external damage.
This meso-cocktail contains a combination of powerful antioxidant, protective, repairing and regenerating ingredients. Acting synergistically, they stimulate the natural skin cells’ repair mechanisms, shielding the skin from free radicals and external aggressors, to preserve a smooth, even and glowing complexion.
md:complex Anti-Pollution SkinProtect Shield strengthens and restores skin barrier integrity and stratum corneum cohesion, protecting skin cells from the penetration of pollutants and leading to skin that is more resistant to environmental stressors.
Enhancing cell regeneration and the skin´s natural healing processes, it renders the skin firm, tight and revitalised, and allows for the rapid recovery of the luminosity, hydration, smoothness and firmness lost over time from the continuous exposure to environmental stressors.
It also gives protection from the negative effects of exposure to blue light, both from sunlight and the screens of digital devices, which promotes premature skin ageing.
- Replenishes antioxidant reserves and protects the skin from free radicals, to speed up the skin’s repair systems and prevent further damage. It acts as a biological shield, protecting DNA from the damaging effects of pollutants and heavy metals.
- Reduce inflammation, fighting redness and irritation.
- Improves skin barrier function, offering intense moisturising benefits and reducing Trans Epidermal Water loss from compromised skin.
- Protects skin from pollution by forming a soft, hydrating film that provides an instant, deep moisturising effect.
- Stimulates the synthesis of new collagen, elastin and glycosaminoglycans which are essential for the maintenance of skin elasticity and flexibility, removing fine lines, wrinkles and skin dryness.
- Blocks the melanogenesis process and the oxidative stress from UV radiation and pollution, removing the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Minimises damage from long-term exposure to visible light and blue light from sunlight and the screens of digital devices (phones, tablets, laptops…etc), protecting skin cells in the deeper skin layers.
- With antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory actions, it eliminates the asphyxiating microparticles present in the environment, so that the skin is purified and can benefit from optimum oxygenation, promoting a clear complexion.
- Accelerates epidermal exfoliation, increasing the skin’s levels of brightness and softness.
Professional treatment with the meso-cocktail md:complex Anti-Pollution SkinProtect Shield can be complemented with the daily application at home of md:cocktailSkinBooster Anti-Pollution Defence. These super-concentrated topical ampoules provide the skin with the ideal defence at a cellular level, preventing and correcting the main signs of skin ageing.
Written by md:ceuticals www.md:ceuticals.com